View Single Post
Old 09.02.2009, 01:44 AM   #1
Moshe
Super Moderator

Moshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.theskinny.co.uk/article/9...-all-whirlwind

With an expectant label and swelling fanbase patiently awaiting new material, the band appeased both with an album of live oddities entitled (The Twilight Sad) Killed My Parents and Hit the Road before embarking on a European tour with Mogwai late last year. A spoof and homage to Sonic Youth’s Goo in cover and title, the band never expected to encounter the album’s maker. “I just did it for a laugh on MySpace,” says MacFarlane of the illustration. “But FatCat wanted to use it for a release, then Thurston Moore turned up at one of the Mogwai gigs. The cover was on all the tee-shirts as well, we were trying to hide the merchandise.” Graham elaborates: “Stuart [Braithwaite] came backstage and said ‘Guess who’s coming to the gig tonight? It’s somebody you’ll love…’’’ MacFarlane: “…and I was actually thinking ‘Bret Hart?’” “Then he said ‘Thurston Moore,’” continues Graham. “We thought, ‘Well that’s cool, then walked over to the merch desk and went ‘oh, shit!’”
Moshe is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|