View Single Post
Old 04.22.2018, 12:36 PM   #50605
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Well Brit-Pop was a contrived backlash against that very American-ness felt to be dominating British pop culture in the early 90s, but was just as parochial. But it's also true that Britain had been through Acid House in the late 80s which was absorbed by the more interesting British bands at the time. MBV's Loveless was definitely informed by that scene.

You think it was contrived? I figured it was a very natural reaction for british bands to do.

Quote:
but then i put on the slim shady LP (i have it on right now) and i’m not blown away in any way but it’s entertaining and funny and i’m gonna play the rest of it.

Funny you should mention that album. I was actually thinking about the single Guilty Conscience the other day. I remember that coming out on single and buying it. However, for all the stuff he released in that period that's never talked about, and to my knowledge played by him.

Just give it a whirl now. The bit about raping a 15 year old is probably why.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|