View Single Post
Old 10.23.2017, 07:46 AM   #432
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
been sick all weekend, so catching up on all your responses now haha.

Quote:
I can’t belive they’re really making a Venom movie. Starting the guy who played Bane. Seriously, is Tom Hardy the only guy with muscles who can also act? I think this bullshit is beneath him. The movie is going to suck nut. I honestly can’t even begin to understand why an actor of such exquisite taste and ability would take such a horrendous role.

Let Dwayne Johnson be Venom. That sounds perfectly stupid!

I mean, I'm gonna see it because it's interesting to me that it's even being made. But yeah the casting felt weird to me because well, he's already Bane. I just feel like putting him in another comic book movie as someone else I'm gonna be sitting there like "why is Bane Venom now?" instead of just getting lost in it.

The Rock would have been awesome actually. Haha. The dude is highly entertaining and kind of a perfect fit for such a character.

Quote:
Just finished the first Vision book, NR.

I’m warming to the art, as I think it works for the story. It’s oddly reminiscent of certain illustrated children’s/young adult books in the ‘90s. Like... kinda dark and fucked up ones. I can’t remember any of the names of these books, but they involved scary stories and cautionary tales. Maybe it’s the same guy/gal drawing?

Anyway, I definitely don’t think this book would have worked with, like, Jim Lee art, or anything resembling the shiny, idealized “superhero” stuff from the big books.

I’m in awe of Tom King’s writing. Just in absolute awe.

Moving onto book 2 now.

HOW’S MISTER MIRACLE COMING ALONG?!?!?!?!

hey glad you're enjoying it man. I still need to pick up Director's Cut #3 (which is issues 5 and 6) to finish the first book myself.

I had planned to get to the comic shop this weekend, but being sick knocked me on my ass. Trust, I have quite the lengthy shopping list at this point...

Anyway, I read a few things while lying around feeling like crap. I finally read through the Batman/Aliens collection that I have. (Also known simply as DC & Dark Horse Aliens). The book consists of: Batman/Aliens, Batman/Aliens II, Superman & Batman Vs Aliens & Predator, and WildCATS/Aliens.

Honestly, it was mostly bad. The best stuff was the straight up Batman/Aliens stuff. The second story was seemingly the better until the end when it gets so GD silly. Art was nice. The Supes/Bats story was crap, though. Boring writing, lifeless art.

Overall, not a book I'd recommend. And you know that I'm the type to say "sure, yeah, through a Xenomorph into anything and I'll be into it."