View Single Post
Old 10.21.2017, 10:58 AM   #429
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
see, I actually do "like" Venom, in that I think he (well, it) can be used rather interestingly. That said, I don't necessarily want Venom to be the star of a story. Rather I want Venom to a part of someone else's story.

Most recently the alien-goop took over MJ in Renew Your Vows and it was just a really interesting bit... that sadly was rushed through in just two issues where it could have been explored way better in like six. Oh well.

Yeah, I guess I like the symbiotes (what’s the main one’s name? Kvyntar? Some shit?) but I don’t care for most of the Venom-centric stories. Like when Venom rebooted last year, it was all about this totally ‘90s d-bag thug with slicked back hair who was an Afghanistan vet who wanted to use the symbiotic to take over the stupid Spider-Man underworld (run by fucking Black Cat of all lame asses), and it was just meathead bullshit. The cool stuff was when the symbiote had conversations with the dude, and fought him and eventually brought him down.

Then Eddi Brock re-entered the picture and I was like, “I officially do not give two fucks.”

I liked the Flash Thompson good-guy Venom who was with the Guardians of the Galaxy.

But... meh.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|