View Single Post
Old 03.06.2009, 07:45 AM   #11
radarmaker
the end of the ugly

radarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's asses
Non-RPG wise, there's a slew of classics - the Genesis/MegaDrive knocks the SNES into a cocked hat as far as shooters & fast-paced action games go.

As well as the obvious ones (Sonic, Gunstar, Toejam, Ecco, SoR 1-3, Shinobi 1-3 etc) also check out Flicky, Super Fantasy Zone, Dynamite Headdy, Alien Soldier, Gynoug/Wings of Wor, Truxton, Phelios, Hellfire, Thunderforce 3 & 4, Herzog Zwei, Gain Ground, Alisia Dragoon, Castlevania, Ghouls & Ghosts, Megaman Wily Wars, Mega Turrican & Ranger X (off the top of my head).

I'd ignore most of the one-on-one fighters, 'cos MK1 aside, they were all done better on the SNES (though I do have a soft spot for MD Fatal Fury 2).

There's a bunch of first-rate Japan-only shooters too, like Gleylancer, Slap Fight & Panorama Cotton, but they all cost a small fortune if you're looking for physical carts rather than romz.
radarmaker is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|