View Single Post
Old 07.27.2016, 12:29 AM   #71
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
oh, the generative grammar thing dates all the way back to the 60s, maybe even earlier-- by the 90s he had moved on to politics-- east timor, manufacturing consent, that sort of thing.

but yes it is a cognitive neuroscience at this point-- which i why i linked you that lab. i met david poeppel when he was in maryland. he was already saying then what his 2015 study showed-- there are neural correlates to a generative grammar. see: https://www.nyu.edu/about/news-publi...-our-head.html

beyond that, looks like the brain is more or less kantian with his apriori categories. i.e., tabula rasa is utter shit. even though skinner taught pigeons to play ping-pong.

we're more hard-wired than we like to think and that is exactly why marxism failed-- you can't really indoctrinate the "new man" of the revolution into existence. we're hardwired hierarchical beasts and it's the same old shit always with us-- which is why you can read sumerian tablets and totally relate to their pursuits.

same as it ever was
same as it ever was
same as it ever was
same as it ever was

okay, enough free-association from me for today
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|