View Single Post
Old 03.03.2017, 12:38 PM   #290
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
It's starting to get difficult for me to keep up with new albums. I feel like I have to force myself to hear them and that feeling sucks.

Welcome to my world when I'm not working or freaking out about politics. Music is more to me than I even realize, and I know it's very important to me. But it often feels like a bit of a chore to stay current. And I'm not into wasting time on albums just because they're what's available, when I don't derive any true or lasting pleasure from hearing them.

It's depressing for sure. But music in general is on the rebound right now so things are slow. It will pick up again, at some point, and it will be a pleasure to hear new shit.

There are a few non-hip-hop artists I've been meaning to listen to. I've heard good things about Vagabon. But the fact that Pitchfork seems to have some kind of contract with her is disheartening. Makes me want to avoid it.

Everything pretty much eats shit right now. Except for this new Blanck Mass album, which is amazing, but isn't exactly filling me with joy (it's intense and punishing). Still..

Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|