View Single Post
Old 08.10.2008, 03:36 AM   #14
alphi
bad moon rising

alphi kicks all y'all's assesalphi kicks all y'all's assesalphi kicks all y'all's assesalphi kicks all y'all's assesalphi kicks all y'all's assesalphi kicks all y'all's assesalphi kicks all y'all's assesalphi kicks all y'all's assesalphi kicks all y'all's assesalphi kicks all y'all's assesalphi kicks all y'all's asses
I was at the show yesterday.

The Burning Spear was really great, the band enjoyed themself. But after that I though the daydream nation stuffs wen boring !
The sound was terrible for a SY show (actually the sound was not 'bad' but 'common' for a rock gig, but the 4 previous SY shows that I went before had a really really great sound) so I didn't really get into the performance.

It was also a bit sad to see them playing the same stuffs as at the Méditéranéennes, while I was hopping for something 'special' tonight.

The Rather Ripped songs and the encore where more enjoyable, but the sound was still terrible.

I think actually it was a bad choice for the band to play the daydream nation stuffs (they played 6 songs from it, almost the half of the show), because it seemed automatic for them. But I don't blame them for this. The problem was the sound quality (and Thurston also complained about the lighting). The festival being a world music festival, I think they wouldn't make it right anyway. I really think actually Christophe Wavelet from the Life is an hardcore fan and wanted them to play, which was a good idea.

There is an article today in Presse Océan (newspaper) by the way.
alphi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|