View Single Post
Old 12.20.2012, 12:46 PM   #2293
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
I heard that ESPN has done a deal with the Prem for next season where it's gonna show live matches for free in the US. I think Fox currently has the rights but they charge a subscription fee, right?

ESPN is a cable channel. FoxSoccer is also a cable channel. You gotta pay for both, though ESPN comes with some forms of basic cable (cheaper) and FoxSoccer requires an additional sports package (which includes GolTV, which shows the Bundesliga).

ESPN3 (now called something else I forget) is the web arm of ESPN. "Free" access to it is weird, because it's not charged to the user but to the ISP. which is the reason i originally got Comcast internet-- it offers ESPN3. Colleges also get it for some reason, but some internet providers don't. i think there's some way that the xbox also gives it away regardless of provider but I don't know the details.

Anyway, ESPN3, which was the free one, dropped bundesliga matches this past year, and shows all manner of random shit. eg, ronaldo y amigos vs. zidane y amigos agaisnt poverty. or german cup but no bundesliga.

Even if ESPN (regular cable) is picking up premiere league matches that doesn't mean they will be available free on their website, which means you'll require at least a basic cable subscription to watch them online.

A confusing clusterfuck I know, but that's the cable/internet industry.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|