Thread: the other news
View Single Post
Old 04.13.2019, 06:28 AM   #337
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
If you're talking about a cultural drift then I tend to agree and I'm not particularly opposed to it but I see globalism (which is what we're really talking about here) as an essentially economic credo that has clearly inspired a backlash. Large swathes of people in countries at the forefront of globalism (who you'd therefore expect to be most on board) are rejecting those institutions (political, media, corporate) that they feel most embody it and finding alternatives. Maybe it'll all end up just a brief and ultimately impotent spasm of discontent but I can only see it growing now.

well yes, the idea of the patriotic homeland used to be a village, and fuck the neighbors, let’s kill them and take their cattle. unifications happen. over and over and over. everton vs liverpool or west ham vs spurs is fortunately just a sports rivalry now. let it stay there, no passport required.

and globalism, yes, tell it to the east india company, and queen victoria. it’s not so much a credo but a fact of history though. it began when we all left africa, it has never stopped. best achieved in a peaceful manner. you can now go from essex to east anglia without being murdered. or more relevantly these days, from belfast to dublin and back. isn’t irish butter great?

i like the idea that the eu is a peace project. then of course you might have war between the big blocks—eurasia, oceania, eastasia, ha ha haha. but we’ll have to see then.

not to get too hegelian or make mixed science metaphors, but for every action there is a reaction, and of course there will be spasms. humans are a mixture of cooperation and independence. the individual and the species always struggle for a balance. it’s part of the process, but integration is inevitable.

but yeah, maybe in the end you’re more oceania than eurasia haa haaa haaa. airstrip one.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|