View Single Post
Old 01.28.2009, 03:43 PM   #22
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
im sorry to korrekt your bad espaņol but jornada del muerto does not fucking mean journey of death, not here not in spain.

jornada relates to journey only insofar as it refers to travel; however, while a journey can last indefinitely, a jornada is the spaced traveled in a day. later it came to mean the work done in a day. jornada de ocho horas = 8-hour workday.

muerto is not death. muerto as a noun is "dead one", in the masculine case, the feminine would be muerta; muerte is death.

therefore jornada del muerto could unpoetically translate as 'day trip of the dead man'.
umm.. I'd hate to break your who ego trip there, but I believe that I already explained the that I was not talking about the concept of death "muerte" but of a personified death, so I believe that the spanish "muerto" which signifies a dead ONE or PERSON or poetically a man doomed to death, was more than appropriate.. and I also intended the Jornado to be a short journey, and not some kind of long term event so it also worked.

I am aware that a pragmatic translation would read, "The Trail or Path of A Man Doomed to Die (ie, because of the trail itself)" but I think that it can equally carry a poetic or even prophetic meaning, after all that is the whole conjecture of prophecy, it stems from common speach, from dual meanings etc etc...

but, I assure you, I did not arrive at this conjecture purely from bad translations as you assumed there.. this is LA..

Mi espaņol tan no como malo como piensas, considerado?

Espanenyaye le Amarenya yeleq no.
(My spanish, from Amarenya, better it-is)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbradley
Inventing a science fiction to absolve all responsibility is about as erroneous as SuchFriend's mythology to assign it absolutely.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to pbradley again

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|