View Single Post
Old 01.09.2019, 07:38 PM   #6818
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by _tunic_
Ha! I just wanted to write the exact same thing except less accurately worded than yours. Is that even proper grammar? I own that album too and always loved “True Love Waits”, but that other version is truly horrible. If that had been the original version I wouldn't have ever liked it.

You made me wanting to listen to Kid A again right now. Back in 2000 I was working as a software tester for Philips and we made those audio CD recordable players. My first proper job. At one point we went to buy a couple of CDs for testing purposes. I chose Kid A and one of the American Recording albums of Johnny Cash (probably III because it was released around the same time). No one of my colleagues (a group of 20 max) liked Kid A. And I totally bought it out of curiosity and at first preferred their previous ones. But after repeated listening I got into it. Then I thought it was quite extreme with the distorted effects, now not so much anymore, especially not compared to Double Negative. Kid A the song I still skipped though.

Hah. Yep. Critics praised the “studio” “True Love Waits” but fuck them, they are stupid for doing that.
The AMSP version is what it would sound like if you slowly tortured the IMBW version to death by feeding it increasingly harsh doses of hardcore laxatives until everything but the song’s BONES came flooding out of its asshole.

I was super into Radiohead when Kid A dropped. I picked it up right after school (I think I was a junior in high school at the time?) and sat and listened to it on headphones and chatted on AIM with my friends who were doing the same thing.

I remember typing out, “Yesterday I woke up sucking a lemon!!!” and sending it to my friend who hadn’t heard it yet.

“Idioteque” was the one that blew my mind most. That track was so far ahead of its time. And I dug the album, but I did miss the rockier elements a bit. I continued to kiss them until Hail to the Thief, which is my favorite Radiohead album.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|