View Single Post
Old 11.24.2016, 12:21 AM   #20070
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
It's marketed as a horror film but plays out more like a witch-trial era fairy tale. But even that doesn't really prepare you for it. It's almost indescribable. The dialogue is entirely in olde English which I can see putting a lot of people off but I definitely recommend it. Just approach it with an open mind, and perhaps an appropriate dictionary.

I didn't think it was tough to understand really. Loved the guy who played the dad (what a voice!). It is definitely not your average horror film, and skirts art-house a bit ... almost reminiscent of parts of Anti-Christ (the most fucked up movie ever made, btw).

Anyway, I loved it. The ending is what has been problematic for some people from what I've heard. I was fine with it though. The whole movie was good, several parts were downright horrifying. Good stuff.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|