View Single Post
Old 04.08.2010, 07:03 PM   #49
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
not susceptible, more like authentic, sincere, genuine, insightful, self-actualized and self-aware. It is all the adults who are full of bitter guile and boredom. Kids are NATURALLY religious (ie, seeking religion/spirituality) it is all the adults who are blinded by the drama and cultural baggage..
I think you're mistaking self awareness with innocence and also over simplifying.

Children's minds are not "authentic, sincere, genuine, insightful etc", they are under developed. Perfect time to instil ancient myths which have NO basis in fact in their susceptible minds.

That's why children believe in unicorns and fairytales. The only difference between religious stories and other fairy tales is that at some point a child will realise the non religious fairy tales are just that.

My children are lucky that they are growing up in a place where religion is not totally pervasive. And my daughter is already working out the bullshit.

And for that I am grateful. I don't want her fantastic, bright, joyful mind cluttered up with bullshit. Child abuse.
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|