View Single Post
Old 09.25.2006, 12:16 AM   #6
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
You really don't. It's rubbish. Where's the reggae? As a long-term listener to the mighty Peel, I can only say this compilation sounds rubbish. What has been forgotten, annoyingly, about the great man, is that for every white stripes there was a Jaguars and a Bette Davis and the Balconettes and a dirty D'nB tune and often Happy Hardcore. His greatness wasn't in picking bands from obscurity, it was in picking great songs regardless of their obscurity (anyone remember the Kelis session?).

*edit: Obviously, it would be Misty in Roots that foil my plan. And that is one of the better songs ever. Still, my point stands.

But I need it for the Smiths, Joy Division, GO4, etc.