View Single Post
Old 10.02.2017, 06:03 PM   #3165
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Schunk
Tomorrow I'm going to a demonstration, and one demand I'm raising is that, in the interests of facilitating disaster recovery and general economic growth, Puerto Rico's indebtedness be forgiven (I've already signed a petition to that effect). I'll further demand that there be no public bailout for the banks, and that the banks eat the loss (and choke on it!).

I'm not unsympathetic, but it is a slippery slope when States do not honor their legal commitments. I don't think it is right for Michigan to cut their pension obligations. I now believe the real significance of Roosevelt closing the gold market in 1933 was not the confiscation of physical gold but the striking of Gold Clauses from contracts.
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|