View Single Post
Old 08.30.2011, 11:08 AM   #58
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Oh yawn. You're not into Theology, so it was bound to be boring. I told you this before you insisted several times that you wanted to read it. Dissertations are nearly always boring. Most of academia is inherently boring from a reader's perspective. You probably don't realise this because you tend to read the stuff that's for a more commercial audience. That isn't invalidating the rigour or veracity of the stuff you read, but a simple plain comment that most of the day-to-day, bog-standard academic work is difficult to read if the reader doesn't have a vested interest. I can't put that more plainly. Buy a subscription to JSTOR if you want to see how life-sappingly dull the majority of below-the-surface academic work is. Or you could ask any of the people on SYG who've been beyond BA level. Or have a look at any PhD papers you can get your hands on in subjects you're not interested in - dull-as-piss, I guarantee you.

If you want to continue trying to get a rise out of me, carry on though. Because it really is hil-a-rious.

Oh, and by the way - I'd like to see a substantial writing of yours. Because it's really easy to criticise other people from the perspective of someone who has apparently never produced anything of more substantive merit than picking easy holes in faceless people on the internet. I'll even be decent and forget your drug-addled blog of hysterical, badly-written nonsense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|