View Single Post
Old 10.18.2011, 10:32 AM   #270
sianspheric
empty page

sianspheric has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by E. Noisefield
Hmm. I don't get it, but I'll acknowledge your right to say that.

Nurse and Ripped are 9/10 albums. And Eternal is a high seven.

Is the Geffen era really your favorite? Mine is the era immediately before it.

It's entirely your subjective opinion if you think Nurse and Ripped were great albums, I thought they were pretty forgettable. Forgettable in the sense that I've listened to A Thousand Leaves a hundred times and I've listened to RR and Nurse maybe a dozen.

Geffen era isn't necessary my favorite. I love Sister and Daydream and to a slightly lesser extent Evol. The Geffen time is way too broad to just define as an era, there were 9 albums in those years. My favorite SY era is 1990-1995.

But how the fuck can the band play live and basically opt out of playing ANYTHING from 1990-2009 is beyond me, and that's what they did on much of the Eternal tour.

That's why I personally passed on seeing them live the last time they were here, I've seen SY 5 times, but I know when they are touring behind a new album they usually play 90% of that album. And maybe 4-5 other songs, including usually something from the super early SY/Confusion days which I don't really care about.

If SY was touring and playing a broad selection througout their career, I would find them a far far more compelling touring act.

They do the occasional show with a good varied selection (ie. the August show in NYC) but they have not done a show with the same kind of variety in my city in the 14 years I've been a fan of the band.
sianspheric is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|