Thread: Pavement
View Single Post
Old 07.19.2006, 09:10 AM   #63
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Whats your favorite Album and Song? My favorite album by Pavement is Slanted & Enchanted, the original, on cassette, on my tape deck in my old geo metro, blasting forth through my speakers and bleeding ito my skull a new conscioiusness and new laissez faire attitude about polish, about rock, abnout obtuseness. I fucking love pavement. slanted & enchanted! second comes WESTING BY MUSKET AND SEXTANT!

Have you ever seen em live? I did! I saw them open for Sonic Youth on the Dirty Tour and it was amazing and they still had their old drunk ass drummer steve young(?) and it was an awesome show all shambles and rock and music an dit was beautiful and people tried to slam dance to the pavement but it is too beautiful to slam dance to, and I have never ever gotten over the departure of steve because he added a shambolic beauty to their show and feel and it was never quite the same after that. they went from an anarchic colective to a full-fledged indie rock band. and they lost something. that something made them very special.

Which do you prefer now Stephen Malkmus and the Jicks/Preston School of Industry? neither. they both suck ASS. they are fucking terrible. they make me want to gaga and throw on westing by musket and sextant to get that taste of rotten seeping SHIT out of my ears and mouth. goddamn they suckl. they are a fucking waste of time and breath and life. what fucking horrid bands. BORING. it is like veery singl thin that could have sucked about pavement and did not in pavement, sucks and sucks royally in their solo shit. FUCK they suck.

Do you or would you like to see them re-form? NO. leave me with my dreams and memories of SM, Spiral Stairs and a 4 track recorder in steve's garage studio.