View Single Post
Old 05.04.2006, 08:12 AM   #316
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onani Nic
I don't listen to any classical music, I just cant relate to it as it seems so elitist and out of my reach. People can't get some friends together and make an orchestra score, but they can get some guitars/drums/bass/kazoo/flute/sax or whatever they want and start a band.

Also

Fuck learning music, I dont want to know scales or even what note I'm playing. I hate an ear and a brain I can tell what sounds good and so many people who could be good musicians are so limited by what they have learnt.

You say "lets Jam" they say "In what key?".

Unpopular respondingopinion #1: People who think classical music is elitist are in fact merely incapable of turning on a radio.

Unpopular respondingopinion #2: The instances of Western popular music proceeding entirely intuitively and originally are fewer and farther between than is often realised.

Unpopular respondingopinion #3: If you can play an instrument, you can and should learn the concepts and ideas behind what you are doing. No matter how many times an American punk band tries to be original, they will still be musically derivative until they have a better understanding of music in its totality.

Unpopular respondingopinion #4: Popular Western Rock music is largely shit, idiotic music bolstered by idiotic consumers.

Popularandcorrect opinion #1: I am always right.

Popularandcorrect opinion #2: This is always the case.

Popularandcorrect opinion #3: Any attempt to argue with this is merely an enactment of Hegelian dialectics, Ie I am the master and you are commited to my slavery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|