View Single Post
Old 03.15.2019, 03:37 PM   #6145
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek
How do those links invalidate what I'm saying about a national health service? The UK's healthcare system's issue is a lack of funding from the Tories as they keep taxes low for the obscenely wealthy and turn a blind eye to blatant offshore accounting by billionaires while they sell it off piece by piece to private companies for a huge profit that does not benefit anyone other than other obscenely wealthy people. Our healthcare system is getting worse because we are starting to follow YOUR model.

I repeat, the number one most powerful country in the world ranks 37th in healthcare.

i think i remember your national health service was crumbling already in the 70s? they had tainted blood and it was a complete disgrace. no? it was all good?

anyway i hear you on the utter underperformance of the american system. i mean right now we have a measles epidemic because of a bunch of moronic antivaxxers. and these are not religious goober right wing types, these are crunchy granola organic vegan hippies from oregon

what you need to get through your head (lol) is that in a country of 325 million people who are not used to follow a lot of rules, the national health army plan has zero chance of passing.

this is not a little kingdom you can rule by decree and the people are going to say "yessir".

when you have 100 different cereals in the supermarket you can't tell people they can just have the federal government as a health care provider. it just won't fly. it's not culturally possible.

and when you tell people that shit is "free"... they fucking know better. they will ask "how much is this REALLY gonna cost me and what am i REALLY gonna get for it?"

the eu is 500 million people in 27 countries

the usa is 325 million people in 50 states plus various territories

try imposing one health system in europa and see what happens... i'm saying this so you understand the proportion and size of the problem

there are solutions, but anyone offering an easy solution is a fucking liar
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|