View Single Post
Old 03.30.2013, 09:38 AM   #47
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murmer99
Tarantino: I couldn't even get into Pulp Fiction either to be honest. It had its entertaining moments, but it was mostly superficial and desperately emulative junk. Those are just my thoughts on it

And that's not to say I have anything against resembling other artists. However, when I watch his films, he seems like someone who gets carried away with his inspirations to the point where he lacks depth or a distinguishing factor. It comes off as a rehash of things rather than something that was merely inspired by other films or whatever. Hopefully you know what I mean..

yes i do and i agree with much of it but there is something to be said for metaphors made out of metaphors and completely artificial worlds instead of the customary and expected attempts at realism we always get from film.

i think he succeeded in pulp fiction when it came out. i don't know that the movie would work so well today because it's been so imitated, it's become such a common trope, that its original impact is very hard to perceive.

for me it came some 45 minutes into the movie i was siting in that theatre, nervous as shit with everything that was going on-- gangsters, junkies, violence, blood-- when mia makes that very stupid joke about ketchup. and then i realized-- it's all ketchup, it's all stage blood, it's all a movie. and i couldn't stop laughing after that. the violence, the horror, the atrocity--it had all become a big joke. because it's what it was. it wasn't a documentary. it was just images, made out of other images, to entertain us. and that was great.

but tarantino has the emotional capacity of a 12 year old and fucked it up afterwards.

okay i have to go to the market now but more later

!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|