View Single Post
Old 04.27.2008, 10:28 AM   #87
radarmaker
the end of the ugly

radarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
The first tour of their I saw was, I think, their first proper British tour. '97, if memory serves. It just before Young Team. Which is getting its 10th anniversary release this year. So it was, in fact, '98. Anyway. They were sick loud in a small-ish, sweaty venue. The sort of venue that I'd be very happy to sell out, but much smaller than the sort of places Mogwai play now. The whole room's legs buckled during the loud bit on Like Herod, which was astonishing at the time (given that everyone had only heard Ten Rapid at that point). Ah, rose-tinted nostalgia, excuse me.

Yeah, I first saw them in Feb '98 in a similarly small venue in Derby, but from memory the Nottingham gig in '99 just after the untitled EP was the loudest.
Oh, and Young Team was '97 - the anniversary package was delayed for some reason...
radarmaker is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|