View Single Post
Old 10.18.2008, 05:05 PM   #47
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
Am I the only Diamond Dogs fan here? It's seriously one of my top 5 albums of all time.

This Ain't Rock 'n Roll, this is genocide!

opens with a standard Bowie type tune that is really rocking, goes into the awesome musical passage sweet thing- candidate- reprise then out of the noise of the end of Sweet Thing (reprise) comes the Rebel, Rebel riff, which IMO is one of the greatest riffs of all time.

Then on the 2nd side you've got the sweetly romantic "When You Rock and Roll With Me" followed by "We Are the Dead" with its super long chorus that Bowie sings without so much as stopping for a breath. Then it follows that up with the super dancey "1984" and ends with the mellotron choire infused "Big Brother" and the experimental "Chant of the Ever Circling Skeletal Family."

Totally an album that does not get enough credit. It has a little bit of everything Bowie wise. It fits in just as well with his early 70's work as it does with his late 70's work.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|