View Single Post
Old 09.25.2007, 08:07 PM   #56
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by the ikara cult
Well some kind soul on this board once burned me a DVD of 1991 The Year Punk Broke and posted it to me, without ANY charge simply because i ASKED.
Now this can be percieved as stealing because this person did all that and posted it to me at their own cost, so what is wrong about getting a little something when you provide a service?

Because, unfortunately, if you give people an inch, they tend to take a mile.

Trading ethics all derive from the Grateful Dead's taping policy that recording and sharing is all fine and good as long as no money exchanges hands.

The policy pays respect to common human decency and the artists themselves. And anything less is the forte of soulless chumps.

Since people circumvent this creedo for material gain via overt selling (on ebay for instance) or covert selling (like rappard), most artists, their labels, and the venues themselves, disallow concert recording.

Hence, recording these days usually has to be done at one's own risk of being removed from the venue, or possibly prosecuted.

And every bad apple trader/show seller only causes more artists to become jaded and disallow recording or the posting of torrents of their live material.

Every abuser only brings us one day closer to the day that BitTorrent will be banned from the internet.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|