Thread: Pan(a)sonic
View Single Post
Old 06.08.2006, 10:41 AM   #1
Phlegmscope
expwy. to yr skull

Phlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's asses
They are an experimental electronic music group who started as Panasonic (not only copying the name but the typeface too), but later due to legal reasons changed their name to Pan Sonic.

I've only heard three of their albums and what they all have in common is a minimalistic soundscape, kind of like the sound of tinnitus with pulsating, glitchy beats. All I've heard is generally rather quiet and monotonous stuff, but for example the ending of the album ”Aaltopiiri” sounds like a thousand circular saws or power drills scratching metal. It's ear shattering.

The one thing I'd eagerly want to hear is their magnum opus, allegedly, called ”Kesto (234.48:4)”, which is a release containing four CDs and is over 234 minutes long. Currently I can't afford it.

I started digging them this spring, so I'm just curious if there's anyone else who has heard them.
Phlegmscope is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|