View Single Post
Old 12.13.2017, 10:27 AM   #963
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
My song of the year, if anybody cares, is "Marcy Me". Followed by "DUCKWORTH", "Smile", "XXX", "The Story of OJ" and "YAH".. I could go on back and forth between those two basically.

Mainstream hits I appreciated were "Crew" (I was so happy to see this song blow up and it was even nominated for a Grammy.. Brent Faiyaz killed that hook!!), "Sky Walker", "Bad & Boujee", "XO Tour Life" (already kinda sick of it now though) and the molly percocets song (y'all know which one I'm talking about).

I dunno about mine. I really liked that Calvin Harris (I know, shut up) and Frank Ocean song, “Slide.” But more in an “I appreciate that this is a really good pop single” way than in whatever way I usually appreciate Frank’s music.

Definitely wasn’t my *favorite* song.

Probably listened to DNA./YAH./ELEMENT. more than any other 2017 songs. Actually I probably listened to 4:44 (all of it) more than anything else this year, but that album just doesn’t hit quite like DAMN. does.

Almost positive DAMN. is my *easy* album of the year chloce, not just in hip-hop be in music overall. I think this is the first time my favorite album has been an Album of the Year nominee. Hmm. I’m getting old and lame.

I’ll do a perfunctory Top Ten Albums list. It’ll probably be super easy actually. In 2015 it took me... well, well into 2016 go actually finish my shit. And in 2016 I had some many albums I loved that when I decided to pare down my then-normal Top 50-or-so to a top 10, it took me forever to sort that shit out.

This year it’s just gonna be ... whatever ten albums I listened to more than twice.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|