View Single Post
Old 06.18.2009, 01:03 PM   #22
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

The Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's asses
I have a lot of love for all of Beck’s stuff in varying degrees, but have to chime in with the early weirdness love. Everything is still great, but kind of a shadow after Mellow Gold. Midnight Vultures is my least favourite probably, but it's still better than 90% of the music that came out around then. Sea Change is probably my favourite post-Mutations album. Guero would be better if Odelay didn't exist, as it's still great, but sounds kind of too much like a repeat to me. The Information is underrated I think, and the stickers cover was so sweet! Haven't yet heard Modern Guilt yet. Really must get around to it...

Anyway yes, the covers albums! I'm sure they'll be fantastic. The last thing he recorded this fast was Mutations, and that was fantastic. The Green Light cover was amazing. Let's start hoping for what he'll do after VU & Nico and EVOL. Bryter Layter, Safe as Milk and Rain Dogs immediately spring to mind as ones it'd be sweet for him to do, but I'm sure there's more that'd be great. A classic Dylan if he could pull it off. Maybe a 70s Bowie record? Or he could just finally get it over with and do Purple Rain or Sign O’ The Times…
The toothaches got worse, she dreamed of disembodied voices from whose malignance there was no appeal, the soft dusk of mirrors out of which something was about to walk, and empty rooms that waited for her. Your gynaecologist has no test for what she was pregnant with.
The Earl Of Slander is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|