View Single Post
Old 08.19.2016, 10:47 AM   #32
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
I thought I'd jinx the M's by suggesting that they may break .500 this season. Things were looking down for a spell, but they've won 8 of their last ten games, swept two of the last three series, and tied the third (with the low standing Angels).

Still not performing well enough for me to bet on them having a post-season. The Rangers are significantly ahead, keeping the M's in no. 2 for AL West. But this has been a strong season for a handful of teams. I haven't looked super closely at the MLB wide stats, but it seems like an atypically strong year for the top performing teams. Almost every Divison has a true powerhouse... Cleveland, Washington, Chicago, Texas, all dominating their respective divisions by quite a bit.

It seems to be pretty tight within the AL East (where I'm a Red Sox man). Less variance between PCT's at a glance than anywhere else in baseball. Should be interesting.

I'm hoping the Mariners can help keep the Yanks down in the coming series.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|