View Single Post
Old 04.01.2011, 12:12 AM   #78
GeneticKiss
expwy. to yr skull

GeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
Ha! I assumed they were still going/ popular. They're at about the time I stopped paying attention to indie stuff.

Now, Gomez - have they aged well or have I just got into the weekend blues warrior phase of waiting to die?

The Coral, anyone?

The Coral...oh jeez, I remember when every music press outlet was calling them the next big thing, and I was wondering what they were hearing and I wasn't...then it seemed everyone agreed with me.

Other not-so next big things (judge for yourself how "underrated" they were)

Abandoned Pools
Kinesis
Head Automatica
Leisureworld (maybe not a "next big thing" per se, but I remember Music Choice's Alternative Rock channel played this a ton in 2002/2003...and bad as it it may be, I kinda wish I had written this song, if only for the riff)
The Music
Dirty Vegas
Dragpipe (somewhat NSFW)
Vaux
Pepper (note: many of you will NOT like this)
The Secret Machines
The Vines (yeah, I know they're still around, but to the average music listener they belong in the "remember them"/"where are they now" file)
Kasabian (sorry UK boardies)
Fischerspooner

I saw this thread earlier...just didn't reply 'til now.