View Single Post
Old 10.07.2015, 08:22 AM   #4138
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!

the truth is that-- if we're reading it, it's in our hands, if we read it, not a lot of reasons to keep it, if we haven't read it yet we probably won't get through that very large pile. yes there are books one reads and rereads-- but how many are they?

I have re-read all of Vonnegut's work 3-4 times at least. I have re-read Moby Dick 4 times. Same with Robert Howard books, Lovecraft, etc. I do not read much fiction, but I can definitely agree that once a novel is read, it can be ussually be given away/sold and no problem. This does not apply to the truly great books that affect you differently at age 20 and then at age 30 and then at age 40, etc. The classics are endlessly rewarding

Many of my books are art/reference books and most are non-fiction. I keep them because I always go back to find more information. I also keep them as collectibles, like my vinyl records. When and if the world loses the ability to use electrical grid I will still have my library and music collection.