View Single Post
Old 10.04.2015, 05:58 PM   #4128
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
I'm about 2/3 in and really enjoying it. The Shrike is a brilliant creation.

Yeah, you can say that again.

Finished the second book, and even though there are technically 2 more, I'm going to hold off for a while because vol. 3 & 4 (Endymion and Rise of Endymion) deal with an entirely different main cast, with a few exceptions, and takes place 300 years after the end of Fall of Hyperion.

When I found that out- that they weren't so much sequels as novels set in the same universe- I was a bit bummed.

Mostly because I found myself at the end of a book with nothing to replace it with.

I go through a very real kind of "withdrawal" when I let more than a day or two (tops) go by between finishing a book and starting a new one. It can really kinda fuck with my head if I have no clue what to read next, which is currently the case. I'm not a big re-reader, so old favorites are out.

Anyway, I'm starting to get shaky and weird, so if anyone has some dark sci fi to recommend, give me a shout.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|