View Single Post
Old 08.11.2010, 08:31 AM   #66
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Location: I moved from hillbilly Florida to hillbilly Alabama
SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ann ashtray
I almost never get bored. When I do, it seldom lasts for more than a few minutes. I'm far too ADD for boredom...a pro + a con.

As for this place, it goes through weird phases bordering on thematic from time to time. It's been OK lately, really dig the gun thread.

Once upon a time it was much more music related. The level of musical conversation (SY related + otherwise) can almost be lumped as being equal to the quality of whatever SY's latest album is.

LOTS of musical conversation around the Nurse period...
Seemed to start dropping rather drastically around the time of Rather Ripped...
Picked up a wee bit w/ the Eternal.

I think maybe a lot of younger people started joining...while the ones that have been here a while have just gotten older/changed a bit. Porky has always been kinda the same, but seemingly a bit more bitter than he used to be. I used to be the BIGGEST drunken asshole and there was no middle ground, people either loved my posts (strictly for the absurdity of them...it seemed) or hated them (most fell under this category). Symbol guy seems more comfy with the subject of alcohol than he used to. Maybe he's just long since realized the situation of some people can border on hopeless (haha).

Conversation seemed to get more sexually oriented when a certain person joined. Can't recall seeing him/her on any since my "return". Interesting individual.

I don't know. I love music. As I approach my 30's, however, I'm def becoming more grounded. I'll still give anything a chance, it's just gotten to a point to where I know what I like, and I'm satisfied w/ listening to just that most days. Sometimes on a whim I will challenge myself though. Guess music/girls/god/booze arent the only things on my mind anymore. I become more interested in myself the older I get....analyzing my own thoughts and figuring out my own feelings and where they originated. I blocked this sorta thing out for far too long...music is partially to blame.

Looking at 30 will do that. I don't listen to alot of new music Partially because I know what I like and want to hear so i eliminate things quicker. I do give it a chance and have an open mind on things and when new things come that I like I will listen. I am just VERY particular. I am enjoying the board alot lately I have been downloading and listening more to music yall post (when I can get around the firewall). Only reason I didnt much before is cause I'm at work right now so sometimes I get a bit busy and have no internet at home...just the blackberry which can be limited.I am trying not to be so argumentive because it just leads to pages and pages of rants on my part that end up on a topic that has nothing to do with where I started. I am also calming down a bit more I suppose which is a good thing. Tryin to straighten out certain habits I have.

One does get more interested in thierself with age. You are not exploring your surroundings as much anymore and you realize you need to take a look at the tree in the forest. It is a healthy and natural progresion. I would guess this is why I post about myself alot. I'm caught up in a world in my head and this place is like an out. I never had alot of friends or interesting people around (cept for ryan of course) to talk to. Everyone bores me. But you guys don't so I reallylike the fact that i can bounce ideas off of peoples head and just get a different perspective of who and where I am.

SONIC GAIL is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|