View Single Post
Old 11.12.2007, 10:53 AM   #29
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by groar
are you saying Starfucks made a deal with all the pretty girls in the world too,they have SY and pretty girls wrapped up.I don't even drink coffee.
SY has been bitching about record companies for ages,no one is forcing them to do bizeness with these dudes,the biz side has never been about,all that we are the world shit.Chuck Berry,Little Richard & Bo Diddley ,had to sell 60 records to make a cent. When Thurston wore the EP t-shirt on t.v. last week,he was advertising,and everyone on here is like,I want a cool EP shirt.
EP is not the fringe indie label it once was,it's like legit and established now& it means they don't just bank roll bands.There are plenty of smaller labels,who could handle SY-Lookout-Ted Leo's music manages to be everywhere,what's wrong with Matador? I know the guys from Dead Meadow-it seemed like a good situation for them-they did what they wanted to do musically.Drag City,of course Drag City wouldn't touch SY-probably because of Starbucks to name one thing.Then ask yourself,what kinds of things does DC put out? Are Neil and Jennifer struggling to make ends meet,cuz there on a small label.

funniest post ever!!!

1) probably not bo diddley, but chuck berry and little richard have sold MILLIONS of records.

2) you idealize labels like if they were the holy grail of the world, THEY ARE ALSO BUSINESSES!! (oh sorry, "bizenesses"); lookout get royalties from green day and not just their first two albums, matador do drop bands when they don't sell enough records just like the majors (see bardo pond) and drag city now have international distribution; i don't see how you consider these labels small or fringe.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|