View Single Post
Old 03.22.2019, 10:17 AM   #6228
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek
Yeeeah you guys ignored the rest of my post there didn't ya. It's not worth losing the newfound support in the left and the youth vote to gain some disenfranchised Tory voters. How many of them do you honestly think there are? Tory to Labour voters and vice versa aren't deciding factors in elections, the evidence shows that turnout is more important. The vast majority of people pick a side and stick to it!! The idea of changing strategy to entice the other side leads to the same centrist milieu where both major parties become similar and don't really stand for anything which has been the state of Western politics for the past several decades. Why would you want that?? That's not changing anything!!
is your country so aligned by parties?

here in the US the independent block is highly important, about 30%

there have been reagan democrats, obama and hillary (clinton) republicans, trump democrats, etc.

see, here: another article! xD

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...-trump/499577/

with big tent parties like we have, voters don’t fit into neat little boxes. they care about issues and weigh them against each other: environment, labor, trade, taxes and fiscal policy, abortion & culture wars, etc.... then they vote.

not a lot of people tow party lines as a matter of conviction. this is why you’ll also see splinter parties like greens and libertarians siphoning off the edges of repukes and democrats even if they can’t win.

also voters will often vote cross-party for executive and legislative. this is how we regularly end with a president on one side and congress on the other. ‘merica enjoys a divided government,

and yes, also often happens that politicians elected or not will switch parties.

another article! https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Part..._United_States (some of the most recent you might have read about in the news)

i reliably support a democratic ballot all the way, but if bernie ends up taking the nomination i’ll ditch the fucker. local elections/ballot issues are another matter, but unproven modern monetary policy fictions are too fucking risky, and his prescriptions too authoritarian and statist for my taste, the 30% independent voters, blue dog democrats, the suburban middle class, and many others.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|