Thread: scientology
View Single Post
Old 05.26.2010, 03:58 PM   #30
ni'k
invito al cielo

ni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's asses
yeah i imagine so.

its the same in ireland. christians are largely corrupt, or stupidly pious. charity shop humble/guilty/right wing. and even the better ones seem to me to be almost always running these exclusionary clubs that only benefit a tiny few and blame the rest of us for our "moral" failings, when its their system that creates poverty. they will do shit like help out old people and clean their houses and give them furniture that they horde, but only if those old people sign over their souls completely. my friends dad is like that, they drive past his house all the time to check if he's smoking cigs or drinking.

if there is a rich dude with a suit whose into embellzement or fraud or wherever he always goes to church.

they had this fund were they all got together and people were putting in their life savings, it had millions in it. got stolen, whole massive scandal still going on. i felt sorry for some of them. seemed like OK people who had put in their ENTIRE savings and lost it all.

christianity is all based on mens property rights anyway. the corruption of the garden of eden by woman and all that. its the relegion of capitalism. you can admire some of its humanitarian efforts and it can even be a good tool to help people get clean. but ultimately its as corrupt as anything else. they do a good job of keeping people in there place, the state loves it. yet at the same time you get these occasions when they will go against the grain and help illegal immigrants in ways that are illegal. i dont see it as having a GREAT emancipatory potential tho. but i wouldnt argue that it couldn't entirely.
ni'k is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|