View Single Post
Old 12.19.2016, 09:41 PM   #3854
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
Ka is good shit. I haven't heard his last album but I really liked Grief Pedigree from a few years ago.

I think your list is a fair presentation of hip hop in 2016. Lil Big Pac, Everybody Looking and SremmLife 2 did it for me, personally.. but I just like my share of ignorant, hood, party hip hop records. *shrug*

I enjoyed Everybodu Looking as SremmLife 2 but not enough to put them above anything on that list.

In fact I'm going to edit to replace Keith with Ka. Keith has been on plenty of my lists. His new album was good, but ultimately kind of forgettable. Not as good as Time? Astonishing! upon further inspection.

Danny's album was good. Really good. Better musically than Blank Face LP, but also very hard to listen to from beginning to end, while Blank Face is full of fucking ear candy.

Sad that the new De La Soul and that A$AP Mob album and other promising releases didn't really hold up that well. That A$AP album had some fine moments, but quickly revealed itself to be extremely redundant and pandering a bit to the lowest common denominator. Gone are the bracing beats and full-bodied production of Rocky's first two albums. I'm not saying he's done, but Cozy Tapes felt like a record with very little at stake. Like a collection of Rocky outtakes.

Sad, that.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|