View Single Post
Old 03.20.2011, 11:56 PM   #2745
alteredcourse
expwy. to yr skull

alteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's asses
Actually I found "the stranger beside me" a bit boringer in terms of true crime. What was it (I'm racking my tattered memory), the crimes + story are compelling but theres still something so unattached about the whole thing, so unintimate, and this is about a book where the woman had actually worked with Bundy. Hm.

What True Crime do I like? Well, "The Perfect Victim" is probably one of my favorite books of all time, of all kinds. It gets into the heads of everyone involved so well, and the topic is fascinating itself. The descriptions of sensory deprivation where the girl had to live without light and barely any sound either with her head trapped in a box or living in one are suck in my mind. And the mind control he was able to put on her...she went out and got a job, eventually!!! And would then return home and go back to her box!!! Oh god, mind control.

Umm what else...all the books about karla homolka and paul bernardo are pretty awesome.

OH. "the night stalker" is fucking amazing. I love that one. It wants to access the dark carnal themes of humanity itself, and in this person. I think that's partly what's missing from "stranger". It's spoken from this complete outsider voice, kinda cold.
alteredcourse is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|