View Single Post
Old 01.28.2018, 03:09 PM   #4961
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
ha ha ha.

right, your jesus is seen as an agent of american imperialism, just like the jesus of the 700 club when it gets dubbed and broadcast internationally (for real).

same with captain america, wonder woman, etc.

since they’re all us-centric and dressed in red white and blue they’re seen as spreading and promoting american values around the globe. whcih, in fact, they are. but unless you’re immersed outside the world of american values it’s hard to see that. theyr’e unbeatable, like nukes and advanced fighter planes, and protect and normalize the corporatocracy.

i wouldn’t be surprised if alan moore was influenced by 3rd world readings of american superheros when he wrote watchmen. plus the fact that the book is straight-up borgesian... hmmm (borges was a right winger though, lol— not everyone from the same continent thinks the same way).

anyway. my job here is done i guess lol. perspective and what not.

thanks for the morning’s procrastinations, now i gotta get back to moving house.

Isn’t Moore kind of a semi-right winger too, though? I think he’s gone back and forth a little. He’s not a far-righter, but I don’t believe he’s a “snowflake” in any sense. Maybe I’m mis-remembering things though. Hmm.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|