View Single Post
Old 07.30.2010, 01:18 PM   #38
blunderbuss
invito al cielo

blunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's asses
^
Moi aussi!

Norman Records review:

This guy (Michael Morley) with the shit moniker (see also: Bench, Table or Fence) i've just discovered is a member of scrappy NZ racketeers The Dead C. So downtempo electronica was not what I was expecting therefore. The opener starts off like the ambient intro to West End Girls by Pet Shop Boys and loops beautifully for a few minutes, underlaid with static & crackle and some muffled implicit vocal stylings which both add to & detract from to the lulling atmosphere of the tune. His style of electronica is quite understated, primitive and organic, his vocals on 'All' sounding like the ethereal ramblings of a stoned man in a weird trance whilst the music is built on a lo-fi metronomic beat & a rattly hi-hat sample - the amorphous keyboards summoning up thoughts of Global Communication. Odd stuff indeed! Just when you reckon you've got him figured he funks everything up with this weird chillwave disco experiment, his ever demented vocal stylings becoming a slurry elongated monologue draped carelessly (and amusingly) all over the tune. Fucking bizarre record indeed, side two I'm not commenting on because I need my DINNER! Rah!

Also available for 2,400 Nectar points!
http://www.nectar.com/rewards/whitel...ss/dp/15109127
blunderbuss is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|