Thread: 4AD
View Single Post
Old 04.20.2007, 04:39 AM   #20
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
Can you remember the exact time when you switched to American bands?

For me it was about 1980, when I first switched from UK punk to American. It was Dead Kennedys, Black Flag, MDC (never liked the homophobes Bad Brains), etc. And it went from there really: Sonic Youth, Butthole Surfers, Big Black, Minutemen, Meat Puppets, Scratch Acid etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
I remember it was when i was given a tape of Bleach and was lent Daydream Nation. For a while i was totally obesessed with American bands and i wouldn't listen to much else.

I was given a tape of Bleach. I was working in a record shop and I used to talk to people at small record labels a lot, one of them said, You've got to listen to this new Sub Pop band called Nirvana. But even by this time, I was getting a bit bored of Sub Pop. Anyway, she sent me a tape and it was on my Walkman pretty much constantly for weeks after. And I bored people witless saying how fantastic they were.
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|