Thread: Last Days
View Single Post
Old 05.12.2010, 05:27 AM   #18
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
No, trust me, I get the film, I just don't see anything special in it, a scene or two notwithstanding, the whole film felt incredibly lazy and self-indulgent. Sure, there's some nice sound editing and pretty images, but what film doesn't have that stuff nowadays? A film like this can be made by any hack with a camera; that's why I keep bringing up Van Sant's other films, because he has proven he is not just some hack, he actually has a great deal of talent and imagination. I just think the whole thing is quite stupid, also -- recreating Kurt's last days? I mean, come on. Might be an easy sale to Nirvana fans, but it's hard for me to take seriously.

Also, the guy who plays Blake/Kurdt... did you see the music video on the disc? The special features with his music video? It's the worst thing I've ever seen!

All I know is, my mom bought me this movie for $4 at Wal-Mart a few years ago and I made her take it back after I watchd it and told her to get something nice with that $4 refund!

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|