View Single Post
Old 10.21.2012, 06:29 PM   #16322
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Well, I disagree, but you make a good point. I also thought Bane's death was anticlimactic. However, I think Nolan showed us an immensely flawed Batman. human Batman, with hubris and cockiness and a number of other fundamentally human traits. I think there were some unrealistic aspects as well, but not enough of then to make me think less of the film.

While watching it the second time, I realized how truly terrifying Bane was. The character was, for the most part, perfectly executed. His delivery was impeccable and he was deeply unnerving. I think a lot of people were disappointed in the film because Batman is absent for pretty much the entire film, but Bruce Wayne was there.. He wasn't very badass as Batman in this film and he didn't do a hell of a lot, but that's actually refreshing for a "superhero" movie.

I don't know... Maybe I'm biased. But when I say it was done to perfection I don't necessarily mean that every moment was perfect. I just mean the Batman story has been put to film in such an incredible way that I think DC needs to just let it be, and enjoy the fact that these movies have made Batman the most popular comic character in the world. They have made the ONLY comic book adaptation series that doesn't suck (seriously, show me another trilogy or series that has been pulled off so consistently and so well) and that the films are actually being viewed as great cinematic achievements. What more could they ask for? They have made history, and won oscars, and legitimately put the character to film in a way that has never been done before.

Why spoil it by trying to do it again? It would be like "rebooting" Lord of the Rings. Fuck it! Focus on building on their other characters! Leave the goddamn Batman alone and let this series define him.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|