View Single Post
Old 05.12.2009, 05:52 PM   #4328
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

The Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmku
The thing that sold it for me--I noticed on the LP cover that one of the LPs in the sidewalk sale in the photo is The Modern Lovers. I'd never noticed that before because the CD cover is so small that I didn't really pick up that detail!

Because The Modern Lovers is one of my all-time favorite records, I took that as a sign.

Man , that's so cool. I love the Modern Lovers too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Fuck me. Are you about to have your mind blown or what!?!?

As Noisereductions says, three pretty much perfect albums right there.

Yeah, great shit. Or at least the first 2. Haven't gotten around to The Chronic yet. That can be tomorrow. I prefer Liquid Swords on first listen, but I can tell that the Raekwon is going to be a grower.

I love getting into new genres of music. Coming late to something means that there's already such a depth of acknowledged "classic" albums that you can pick up really easily. With rock or jazz or whatever, where I've been listening for years, it's so much harder to find stuff worth buying. But with hip-hop, where I now only own like 25 albums, I can walk into my local indie store and, and, in their quite small hip-hop section, find like 20 albums I'd like to check out, all at under £8. Great.

Keeping with the Wu theme, they had the first few Ghostface albums in, and the first Method Man... I may have head back at the end of the week, if I actually have any money left by then. Will be tempted by the early Ice Cube and Fugee's albums they've got in too... So much choice!
The toothaches got worse, she dreamed of disembodied voices from whose malignance there was no appeal, the soft dusk of mirrors out of which something was about to walk, and empty rooms that waited for her. Your gynaecologist has no test for what she was pregnant with.
The Earl Of Slander is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|