Thread: Mix Tapes
View Single Post
Old 08.10.2006, 11:47 AM   #380
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicl
One of these two tracks is My Bloody Valentine covering Wire's "Outdoor Miner", the other one I can't remember. But it's been voted a miss, so it doesn't really matter.

I'm glad you (mostly) enjoyed side one. I made it more with American youth in mind, a sort of an introduction to what was going on in in the UK in the '80s. Side two I compiled as a contrast to the pop direction of side one. Somehow I suspect it won't have hit the spot quite so well, particularly bearing in mind the number of times you've mentioned vocals so far. But we shall see.

I really enjoyed side one. I've never been a fan of MBV, but I didn't recognise it as them or as a Wire cover. I'll have to listen closer next time.

And because your tape stayed in the UK, I'll make sure the next one definitely goes overseas. I don't know if that will affect your choices.
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|