View Single Post
Old 04.10.2006, 04:47 PM   #69
bikinikillbillchillthrill
empty page

bikinikillbillchillthrill has tongues queuing up for a rim-festbikinikillbillchillthrill has tongues queuing up for a rim-festbikinikillbillchillthrill has tongues queuing up for a rim-fest
Quote:
Originally Posted by startur
my bad if this has already been posted

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/..._id=1002313265

Sonic Youth Gigs With Gilmore Girls

April 06, 2006, 3:10 PM ET

Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.
Sonic Youth principals Thurston Moore and Kim Gordon, plus their daughter Coco on shakers, will appear on the season finale of the WB drama "Gilmore Girls" to perform an acoustic version of the new song "What a Waste." The show, of which the Moore/Gordon family is a professed fan, will be taped tomorrow (April 7) in Los Angeles and will air May 9.

As previously reported, "What a Waste" can be found on Sonic Youth's next album, "Rather Ripped," which will arrive June 13 via Geffen.

In other Sonic Youth news, Moore has been chosen to curate the Nightmare Before Christmas edition of the All Tomorrow's Parties festival later this year. The event will be held Dec. 8-10 in Somerset, England, and will feature performances by Sonic Youth and Iggy and the Stooges. The full lineup will be announced in the coming months.

Before it begins a short West Coast tour opening for Pearl Jam in July, Sonic Youth will perform April 20 in Paris and June 18 at the Bonnaroo Festival in Manchester, Tenn. Moore is also scheduled to discuss "Rather Ripped" tonight on Air America Radio's "Marc Maron Show."

that's the funniest thing I've ever heard (and they've ever done)!! was that coco's demand??hm propably... she'z A BIG fAN of the Gilmore Girls!! I bet on that!hehe
bikinikillbillchillthrill is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|