View Single Post
Old 08.13.2018, 07:38 PM   #257
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Holy shit — an indescribable wow, indeed...

Quote:
Well, I guess it's all or nothing with me, because on August 17th:

A new album
World On Sticks
will be ready to pre-order

PLUS
A concert film
Sam Phillips: Live @ Largo at the Coronet

AND
A live album of the concert
(with 4 extra songs not in the film)
will be available to purchase and download

That is a lot of stuff... and I forgot to mention the record/tote bags! This was a tough decision for me because I'm not a keychain, mug, mousepad, headband, sticker selling (or buying) kind of person. I wish I had more Etsy in me and could knit sweaters, carve totem poles (like my Great Uncle Frankie who was a folk artist), or sew a Sam Phillips pup tent for you, but for now it'll have to be music and a record bag. When I was thinking about cover art for World On Sticks, I did a Japanese brush/cave painting sort of symbol to represent the title and just happened to think it looked good on a white record bag and... I wanted one. I think the marketeers would disapprove and tell me to make something YOU want... (like sweaters and pup tents?) With your suggestions, I will work on that.

For now, I hope you will enjoy the filmed concert with drummer Jay Bellerose, guitarist Greg Leisz, Patrick Warren manning the piano and keyboards, Jennifer Condos playing bass, Eric Gorfain playing violin, guitar, & banjo, and the Section Quartet. I have often imagined any one of these musicians accompanying me everywhere for 24 hours. Can you imagine a string quartet playing behind you at the DMV? Or Jennifer playing bass behind you in line at the grocery store? Or listening to Patrick play piano while you're in the dentist chair? I love them all and am so happy to have recorded and filmed them... you can watch a preview below.

I hope you are having a wonderful summer...more about the new album soon!

All the best from Sam

http://samphillips.com/

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|