View Single Post
Old 02.05.2008, 09:11 PM   #41
uhler
invito al cielo

uhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
yes, i understood what you meant with the parody without the higher ground and stupidity. what i meant is that since they were a hardcore band that took a branch from the same tree most bands were taking their cues from, while at the same time opening it's musical doors seems like a better conscious, post modern concept, in a way similar (only similar) to sy's approach to classic rock and 80's pop. nothing wrong with it.

but then, you're talking about contexts and forms and well, i really appreciate mostly the finished product instead of the process so that's probably why i don't dig them.

Having said all that, if NOU don't float your boat, it's really not going to make any difference to anyone or anything.

what i think refused excel in wasn't their "radical" musical explorations or their "radical" ideologies and lyrics. i think they excelled because they wrote damn good songs in a variety of styles, making (in the shape of punk to come) a very solid album from start to finish, also something i feel ulysses lacked. the proof is that so many bands have taken ideas from that album and that band and most of them are conformists within their genre and scene.

and uhler; the international noise conspiracy are laughably lame, they probably heard the hives were going to sign to a major label and thought of jumping on the bandwagon at the same time. i'm still amazed it's the same guy in both bands.[/quote]

t(i)nc actually predate the hives and they were both on epitaph at one time. i saw them live at a club in tampa and they both sucked. what madethe show any good was that milemarker played, t(i)nc covered the stooges (and did a good job) and i was with a hot girl.
uhler is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|