View Single Post
Old 06.30.2013, 10:58 PM   #54
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Human
Sorry if this reads as sloppy or unclear.
I'm purely stating that in terms of what the band released during this time, this is the period I view to be the most consistent. I'm not passing comment on when something was written or minted, or a sound aesthetic from a period.

If I thought, for example, that '06 - now was the hot streak, I'd be including Smart Bar in there, despite it (clearly) being from another time/differing sound. Some of Psychic Hearts was recorded in '94 but I'd included that in '95 - '05. Melbourne Direct was recorded '04 but released '06 so its out as RR breaks the streak.

I simply meant that everything released during '95-'05, to me, was golden. Every time something "new" appeared on the shelves it was of a high caliber. As much as I rate all of their output, I've always been underwhelmed by something which has broken the spell (Into the Groovey anyone?). But for that decade, they seemed untouchable.
Point in my later reply is that are you saying EVOL & Sister era (or the eighties) are not as great as the nineties? I canīt understand if youīre saying Made In Usa great, why isnīt EVOL & Sister, because in my mind those three albums are very close together. Also Smart Bar has lots of same feelings & sounds.
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|