View Single Post
Old 04.07.2006, 09:38 AM   #52
truncated
invito al cielo

truncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hip Priest
'Thee' and 'Thou' are very nice, yes, as is 'verily'. I'd love to hear 'forsooth!' and 'bygads!' used more often, instead of swearing.

I think we should also bear in mind that when too many tight controls are placed on the development of language, as I believe is the case in Spain, the language and it's ability to inspire arts can also suffer.

Without the freedom we woud lose all of the slang cultures and regional variations that exist, and that most of us love.

I should clarify that I do not object to the expansion or refinement of the English language. I realize that the lexicon is dynamic to accomodate periodic and social climates, and I'm all for that. What I do object to is the adoption of certain abbreviations/idioms/shortcuts to to adapt to the growing sloth of the American public. For some reason, the elimination of a grammatical rule because of the tendency to disobey it is simply pardoning the criminal, and to an extent encouraging lazy linguistic habits.
truncated is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|